In my quest to learn another language, it has come to my attention that many who want to learn a new language have not perfected their first language. Here are five of the top grammatical errors I see (and hear) all of the time:
- It’s means it is. It’s is NOT a possessive pronoun.
- Commas and periods ALWAYS go inside of quotation marks . . . always. Exclamation points and question marks are a different rule.
- The verb must agree with the subject of the sentence NOT the predicate nominative.
- Affect is a verb. Effect is a noun.
- Don’t is a plural verb. Doesn’t is a singular verb. This has a lot to do with #3.